Tuesday, March 31, 2009

從美國看台灣 Watching Taiwan television shows from the States

Ever since I discovered that I can watch Taiwanese shows on Youtube, my own spectrum of entertainment has expanded even more. I am partial to talk shows and variety shows that involve lots of talking, especially talking about current entertainment gossip and political events. My favorite show is News Wa Wa Wah! ETTV America used to broadcast it on our local television channel, but since January 2008, they have not aired it citing copyright issues. I think it was more a political decision than anything else (that was right before the
Presidential election). In any case, the program was sorely missed by myself and many of my friends. ETTV used to air News Wa Wa Wah at 10pm and it was the perfect time to watch this show because my kids would be asleep and I can relax and unwind by watching this show. With its cancellation, my daily routine was a bit off-kiltered, that is until I discovered that some kind soul had uploaded News Wa Wa Wah on Youtube.

There are other Taiwanese variety/talk show that I enjoy. As my TV watching time is limited, I have began to watch less American and Korean shows, so I can watch more Taiwanese shows. Whenever I read about a show on the Taiwanese newspapers, I would search for it on Youtube. More than half of the time, the show would be uploaded already. I will provide a list of the shows and its Youtube links below.

Happy watching!

*************************************************************************************
Youtube link of Taiwanese shows (remember to use the Playlist function so you can watch a show continuously as most episodes are divided up into many segments. Just click on "Play all"):

http://www.youtube.com/user/TaiwanTalks
新聞挖挖哇
國民大會
WTO姐妹會

*************************************************************************************
在美國住久了, 對臺灣的很多時事都很陌生。不過偶爾看看台灣的電視節目還蠻有趣的。在 2008 年之前,東森北美台在每晚十點就會播出新聞挖挖哇。那個時段很受我們這些熟媽的歡迎, 最主要是因為晚上十點時, 小孩子都入睡了, 熟媽們可以趁看新聞挖挖哇的時間來放心情。在睡覺前可以輕鬆開而笑實在是件不錯的事情。在東森北美台取消新聞挖挖哇的出之後, 還真的亂了我們這群熟媽的生活步調。有一陣子我還覺得有點失落感。直到有一天我發現有人把所有我愛看的台灣節目PO 到 Youtube上。現在的生活真的活得蠻充實的。生活忙碌, 但是我知道在夜深人靜時, 我還有好多好看的節目在等著我去看。對於一位從小就愛看電視的我, 這真是一項福旨。在此介紹給大家收看。

2 comments:

  1. 你好,我想請問在您那邊有無付費的台灣電視台可以看?

    我2005在san jose住過一年&工作,目前已回台灣。

    謝謝。
    --
    silver chen
    silver.sojo@gmail.com
    2009/09/22 @ TW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, I really don't know and don't have the time to look into it. If I only want to watch one show (and I only have time to watch one show), it's faster going to my favorite youtube channel. Our local cable company carries Chinese channels, but they never program the Taiwanese shows I want to see. Our local Chinese station pre-selected the programming of variety shows and dramas for broadcasting, but majority of the programming are programs from mainland China.

    ReplyDelete