Friday, April 17, 2009

最快的早餐 The quickest breakfast

I usually wake up at 7:30 am in the morning. I have 45 minutes to pack lunches for 2 kids, prepare their breakfasts, and get them dressed and out the door before 8:20 am. But if I stay in bed a bit longer, I won't have time to make their lunches. If that's the case, I would make their lunches after I come home from dropping them off and then drive back to the school again before 10:15 am to deposit their lunches bags. This way, they would have things to eat as well during their recess break, which normally starts at 10:15 am for lower grades.

I was happy to find Jimmy Dean's Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick ($7.88) at Sam's Club a few weeks ago. All I have to do to make this is to wrap the pancake & sausage stick (from frozen) in a paper towel, then put it in the microwave and zap it for 1 minute (I can do two sticks at a time). I was elated when I found out that my kids are willing to eat it for breakfast. It would have been nice if they could eat this everyday, but my kids don't like to repeat food items, so I'm lucky if I can serve this once a week.

I have even packed this item for lunch once. The Pancake & Sausage stick stays soft and moist even after being microwaved for 1 minute and cools down later. I did wrap it in a paper towel to prevent drying out in the lunch bag.

Although I bought this at a Sam's Club, I'm sure other grocery stores carry this item, probably with lower counts per box. I would recommend this Pancake & Sausage stick as a regular freezer item.


No comments:

Post a Comment